Learn Mindfulness: 8-week Online Course for Individuals
This is a one-to-one course: times and dates will be arranged between you and your mindfulness-based teacher
Mindfulness is cultivated by purposefully paying attention in a non-judgemental way to what is going on in your body, your mind and the world around you. This moment-to-moment awareness is about being aware and living in the present, rather than dwelling in the past or anticipating the future.
The programme is based on MBSR (Mindfulness-based Stress Reduction) and you will learn a range mindfulness practices and meditations. These practices are designed to enable people to enhance their own well-being and can lead to long-lasting physical and psychological benefits.
The link to the application form is at the bottom of the page.
Who is the course for:
This course is for adults who are interested in exploring mindfulness either as a first experience of mindfulness, as a refresher or an opportunity to deepen your practice.
This course is especially suitable to individuals who may find it difficult to attend an 8-week course in-person or within a group setting, perhaps because of other timing commitments, caring duties or health reasons. Learning online is an accessible way to attend a mindfulness course from your own home or workplace.
We warmly welcome applications from people of all backgrounds who want to learn mindfulness, across race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, class, culture, age, belief and ableness.
For people who plan to use this course to fulfil pre-requisite requirements for further mindfulness training, please contact your course provider first to make sure that it will be accepted.
Course structure and home practice:
You will have eight weekly sessions of 45 minutes on Zoom with your tutor and you will receive a digital workbook which you can download onto your device.
Home practice is an integral and important part of the course and you will need to commit to spending up to an hour each day:
- doing a guided meditation using the online audio tracks
- doing everyday mindfulness practices such as mindful eating
- journalling your experience
The learning within mindfulness comes through our own experiences within the practices and through the ways in which we integrate this way of being into our daily life. The weekly personal connection with a mindfulness tutor is an opportunity to reflect on and draw out the learning from your experiences.
The Mindfulness Network only works with highly experienced teachers who are who are extensively trained in this approach and registered with the British Association of Mindfulness-Based Approaches (BAMBA) to ensure that mindfulness teaching is safe, ethical and inclusive.
Once you submit an application, we will connect you with one of our Mindfulness Network tutors who will contact you to discuss further.
How the training is delivered:
The course is held online using Zoom software and a Zoom link for the whole course will be sent out prior to the start date.
When Can I Start the Course:
The start date and session times will be arranged between you and your tutor and can start throughout the year.
Once your application has been received, a tutor will make contact with you and arrange an initial session, at no cost. They will talk about the course in some detail with you and discuss what has drawn you to the course and whether it is suitable for you at this time.
Standard Rate – £545.00
The total cost of the programme includes:
- eight 45-minute weekly Zoom sessions
- teacher support between sessions
- workbook (digital)
Employer’s rate: Recognising the administrative overhead of dealing with employers, we will be adding a £50 surcharge if the employer is paying directly; where possible we would advise applicants to pay themselves and reclaim on expenses to avoid the charge.
Payment and cancellation policy:
Our application and payment process involves the following steps:
- We receive your application form and assess it to ensure that this course is suitable for you. We endeavour to make assessments within a week.
- You will be connected with a course tutor who will arrange an orientation session. Following this, if you and your tutor decide it is an appropriate time for you to complete the course, you will be invoiced in full. Please note that tutors are still paid for the orientation session should a DL not proceed.
- Once we receive your full payment you and your course tutor can arrange a time and date for your first session.
- If you later decide not to complete the course, you will not be eligible for a refund.
- If you choose to defer your course at any point, arrangements can be made and will be at the discretion of your course tutor.
Please see our Terms and Conditions for full details.
If you require any further information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to sign up to this event.