About the training:
The inquiry process is central to the teaching of Mindfulness-based Stress Reduction (MBSR), Mindfulness-based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT) and all other Mindfulness Teaching and Training. This two-day training will provide an opportunity to develop understanding, skill and confidence in the inquiry process.
During this experiential training you will explore the theories and intentions of inquiry from both inside and outside the process. There will be plenty of opportunity to practice inquiry in small groups with fellow mindfulness teachers under the guidance of the experienced CMRP training team.
This training is an element of the formal Teacher Training Pathway (TTP) and the certificate of attendance can be included in your TTP Portfolio. This course can also be taken as a stand-alone training event as part of your own Continuing Professional and Personal Development. If you register on the TTP after having completed this training, the certificate can be included retrospectively.
The workshop will take place online using Zoom software.
- Completion of either a group-based, eight-week MBCT/MBSR course or a nine-week CMRP distance learning MBSR programme
- Commitment to an ongoing daily personal mindfulness-based practice, based on MBSR/MBCT practices
- Have begun supervised teaching of one or more eight-week course.
Preparation for the event and what you will need:
In order to participate in the training, you will need:
- A room where you can close the door and engage in the training away from family distraction. It is particularly important that confidentiality is maintained by ensuring that those who are not on the training cannot see your screen or hear the audio. It may be helpful to use headphones.
- Log in via a computer which is resting on a hard surface and which has audio and webcam. Please don’t use handheld devices.
- A space for practice, a mat, cushion and blanket may be helpful for your comfort.
The Zoom meeting link for the whole training will be sent prior to the start date.
Our trainers are all members of the Centre for Mindfulness Research and Practice (CMRP) training team. All have been extensively trained in this approach and engage in a rigorous ongoing process of training and supervision. We use strict criteria when selecting teachers/trainers to work with us. The name of the specific trainer(s) for this event is at the top of this page. Just click on the trainer name to find out more about him/her.
We will be using the Zoom platform for our classrooms, which offers facilities for online meetings and also online ‘break-out‘ rooms for smaller group work. A Zoom link will be sent to you for the whole event prior to the start date, along with joining instructions.
On the first day please login via Zoom at 10.00am for a 10.30 start. The course will end at approximately 5.30pm on the first day.
On the second day it will be a 9.00am start and the course will end at approximately 4.00pm.
Our rates have no hidden extras.
Standard rate – £295
TTP & CMRP Master’s rate – £266
Standard Rate – The rate for accessing this training as a ‘stand-alone’ training event and not part of a CMRP teacher training pathway.
TTP & CMRP Master’s rate – 10% reduction of the training cost for those currently on the Teacher Training Pathway (TTP) or the CMRP Master’s programme.
Employer's rate: Recognising the large administrative overhead of dealing with employers, we will be adding a £50 surcharge if the employer is paying directly; where possible we would advise applicants to pay themselves and reclaim on expenses to avoid the charge. We will be applying this to all our offerings with effect from September 2020.
The application and payment process:
Our application and payment process involves the following steps:
- We receive your application form and assess it to ensure that this event is suitable for you. We endeavour to make assessments within a week.
- Upon offering you a place we will then invoice for the full amount.
- Your place is fully confirmed once we receive your full payment.
- We will email you the joining instructions in advance of the course.
Payment and cancellation policy:
Please read our Terms and Conditions for information regarding payments and cancellations.
Please see the British Association of Mindfulness-Based Approaches (BAMBA) for good practice guidelines and other information for mindfulness-based teachers.
Certificate of Attendance. Please note that we give a Bangor University Certificate of Attendance that details the nature of the course and the hours involved. However, this does not constitute an authorisation to teach mindfulness-based approaches. The development and interest in the potential of mindfulness within a range of settings is rapidly growing and training processes are therefore becoming more structured. Within the UK, though, there are currently no formal qualifications/certification processes which regulate competency in teaching mindfulness-based approaches. This requires those of us working in this developing field to inquire deeply into our own practice, our integrity and our intentions, as well as the boundaries of our skills, competencies and understandings.
Please feel free to email us at email@example.com to discuss any questions you may have about the course or whether it is appropriate for you at this time. We will ensure that your query reaches the correct person.