About the training:
This five-day training will provide an opportunity to immerse yourself in teaching MBSR. It is an experiential exploration of the eight-week course for MBSR teachers, to help them support and develop skills and confidence in teaching. Offered in a residential retreat environment, the training will provide opportunities for combining learning and deepening practice.
The course will include:
- exploration of MBSR curriculum themes and intentions.
- teaching strategies of MBSR
- theoretical underpinnings of MBSR
- exploring the flow of teaching and learning through the curriculum
- defining the overall structure of the curriculum
- exercises and practices connected to lesson themes, including options and alternatives
- deepening understanding of the particular characteristics of MBSR
- group facilitation; allowing learning to arise
- developing inquiry skills integral to MBSR
- exploring connections between personal practice, teaching and learning
This training is an element of the formal CMRP Teacher Training Pathway (TTP) and the certificate of attendance can be included in either a TTP Portfolio. If you register on the TTP after having completed this training the certificate can be included retrospectively.
Participants must commit to the entire training which will be held online via Zoom software.
Pre-requisites for attending:
The course is open both to experienced mindfulness-based teachers as an opportunity to refresh their personal and teaching practice, and newer teachers who are in the earlier stages of developing MBSR teaching skills.
All participants must have:
- personal experience of an MBCT or MBSR eight-week course
- an established personal mindfulness practice
- ideally have participated in a mindfulness-based Teacher Training Retreat level 1 or equivalent
- professional background and/or equivalent knowledge and experience of the populations that the programme will be delivered to.
About the trainers:
Our trainers are all members of the Centre for Mindfulness Research and Practice (CMRP) training team. All have been extensively trained in this approach and engage in a rigorous ongoing process of training and supervision. We use strict criteria when selecting teachers/trainers to work with us. The name of the specific trainer(s) for this event is at the top of this page. Just click on the trainer name to find out more about him/her.
In order to participate in the training, you will need:
- A room where you can close the door and engage in the training away from family distraction. As we will be showing clips of teaching, it is particularly important that confidentiality is maintained by ensuring that those who are not on the training cannot see your screen or hear the audio. It may be helpful to use headphones.
- Log in via a computer which is resting on a hard surface and which has audio and webcam. Please don’t use handheld devices to log in.
- When you are not speaking turn on mute to reduce background noise.
The Zoom meeting link for the whole training will be sent to you prior to the start date.
As far as possible, give yourself over to the learning during this time with a minimum of distraction.
What to bring/wear:
Please wear comfortable clothing with layers. Mats, cushions, stools would be helpful to have available to support your practice space at home.
Please find below the schedule for each day:
7am- 8am One-hour morning practice
8.45am Zoom room opens
9am Session with mid-break
1.45pm Session with mid-break
Please note: these timings are in Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
Our rates have no hidden extras:
Standard rate - £625
TTP & Master’s rate – £560
Standard Rate – The rate for accessing this training as a ‘stand-alone’ training event and not part of a CMRP teacher training pathway.
TTP & CMRP Master’s discount rate – 10% reduction of the training cost for those currently on the Teacher Training Pathway (TTP) or the CMRP Master’s programme.
Employer's rate: Recognising the large administrative overhead of dealing with employers, we will be adding a £50 surcharge if the employer is paying directly; where possible we would advise applicants to pay themselves and reclaim on expenses to avoid the charge. We will be applying this to all our offerings with effect from September 2020.
If you would like to pay a £200 deposit in the first instance please choose the applicable rate in the drop-down list in the application form.
The application process:
Our application and payment process involve the following steps:
- We receive your application form and assess it to ensure that this event is suitable for you. We endeavour to make assessments within a week.
- Upon offering you a place, we will then invoice you either a £200.00 deposit or for the full amount, depending which option you choose when you complete your application.
- Your place is fully confirmed once we receive your deposit or full payment.
- If you selected to pay the deposit only, we will invoice you for the balance four months before the event starts.
- We will email you the joining instructions in advance of the course.
Payment and cancellation policy:
Please read our Terms and Conditions for information regarding payments and cancellations.
Please see the British Association of Mindfulness-Based Approaches (BAMBA) for good practice guidelines and other information for mindfulness-based teachers.
Please note that we give a Bangor University certificate of attendance which details the nature of the course and the hours involved, however, this does not constitute an authorisation to teach mindfulness-based approaches. The development and interest in the potential of mindfulness within a range of settings is rapidly growing and training processes are therefore becoming more structured. However, within the UK there are currently no formal qualifications/certification processes which regulate competency in teaching mindfulness-based approaches. This requires those of us working in this developing field to inquire deeply into our own practice, our integrity, our intentions and the boundaries of our skills, competencies and understandings.
Please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss any questions you may have about the course or whether it is appropriate for you at this time. We will ensure that your query reaches the correct person.