This five-day training is an opportunity to immerse yourself in teaching MBCT. It is an experiential exploration of the eight-week course for MBCT teachers, to help them support and develop skills and confidence in teaching. Offered online, the training will provide opportunities for learning and practice in an accessible format.
The course will include:
- exploration of MBCT curriculum themes and intentions.
- teaching strategies of MBCT
- theoretical underpinnings of MBCT
- exploring the flow of teaching and learning through the curriculum
- defining the overall structure of the curriculum
- exercises and practices connected to lesson themes, including options and alternatives
- deepening understanding of the particular characteristics of MBCT
- group facilitation
- developing inquiry skills integral to MBCT
- exploring connections between?personal practice, teaching and learning
This training is an element of the formal CMRP Teacher Training Pathway (TTP) and the certificate of attendance can be included in either a TTP Portfolio. If you register on the TTP after having completed this training the certificate can be included retrospectively.
Pre-requisites for attending:
The course is open both to experienced mindfulness-based teachers – as an opportunity to refresh their personal and teaching practice – and to newer teachers who are in the earlier stages of developing MBCT teaching skills.
It is particularly suitable for clinicians implementing MBCT in health care contexts and is relevant to those who want to develop greater clarity about how to attune to and respond to participant vulnerability during mindfulness-based teaching.
All participants must have:
- personal experience of an MBCT or MBSR eight-week course
- an established personal mindfulness practice
- ideally have participated in a mindfulness-based Teacher Training Retreat level 1 or equivalent
- professional background and/or equivalent knowledge and experience of the populations to whom the programme will be delivered
Participants must commit to the entire training.
About the trainers:
Our trainers are all members of the Centre for Mindfulness Research and Practice (CMRP) training team. All have been extensively trained in this approach and engage in a rigorous ongoing process of training and supervision. We use strict criteria when selecting teachers/trainers to work with us. The name of the specific trainer(s) for this event is at the top of this page. Just click on the trainer name to find out more about him/her.
This will be an online event - a zoom link for the whole training will be sent out prior to the start date.
In order to participate in the training, you will need:
- A room where you can close the door and engage in the training away from family distraction. It may be helpful to use headphones.
- Log in via a computer which is resting on a hard surface and which has audio and webcam. Please don’t use handheld devices to log in.
- When you are not speaking, please turn on mute to reduce background noise.
What to bring/wear:
Please wear comfortable clothing, as we will be doing some practices together.
Dates & Timings:
The orientation session will be held on Friday 23rd April in the afternoon, timing to be announced.
The training sessions will be held on Thursday 29th & Friday 30th April and Wednesday and Thursday 5th & 6th May 2021
The course will run from 9am-5pm each day (these are approximate timings and will be confirmed closer to the time).
Please note: these timings are in British Summer Time (BST)
Our rates have no hidden extras:
Standard rate - £625
TTP & Master’s rate - £560
Standard Rate – The rate for accessing this training as a ‘stand-alone’ training event and not part of a CMRP teacher training pathway.
TTP & CMRP Master’s rate – 10% reduction of the training cost, excluding accommodation, for those currently on the Teacher Training Pathway (TTP) or the CMRP Master’s programme.
Employer's rate: Recognising the large administrative overhead of dealing with employers, we will be adding a £50 surcharge if the employer is paying directly; where possible we would advise applicants to pay themselves and reclaim on expenses to avoid the charge. We will be applying this to all our offerings with effect from September 2020.
If you would like to pay a £200 deposit in the first instance please choose the applicable rate in the drop-down list in the application form.
The application process:
Our application and payment process involve the following steps:
- We receive your application form and assess it to ensure that this event is suitable for you. We endeavour to make assessments within a week.
- Upon offering you a place, we will then invoice you either a £200.00 deposit or for the full amount, depending which option you choose when you complete your application.
- Your place is confirmed once we receive your deposit or full payment.
- If you selected to pay the deposit only, we will invoice you for the balance four months before the event starts.
- We will email you the joining instructions in advance of the course.
Payment and cancellation policy:
Please read our Terms and Conditions for information regarding payments and cancellations.
Please see the British Association of Mindfulness-Based Approaches (BAMBA) for good practice guidelines and other information for mindfulness-based teachers.
Certificate of Attendance. Please note that we give a Bangor University Certificate of Attendance that details the nature of the course and the hours involved. However, this does not constitute an authorisation to teach mindfulness-based approaches. The development and interest in the potential of mindfulness within a range of settings is rapidly growing and training processes are therefore becoming more structured. Within the UK, though, there are currently no formal qualifications/certification processes which regulate competency in teaching mindfulness-based approaches. This requires those of us working in this developing field to inquire deeply into our own practice, our integrity and our intentions, as well as the boundaries of our skills, competencies and understandings.
Please feel free to email us at email@example.com to discuss any questions you may have about the course or whether it is appropriate for you at this time. We will ensure that your query reaches the correct person.