About the training:
The workshop will take place online using Zoom.
Who is the training for:
Anyone who has an established mindfulness practice is welcome.
Preparation for the event and what you will need:
In order to participate in the training, you will need:
- A room where you can close the door and engage in the training away from family distraction. It is particularly important that confidentiality is maintained by ensuring that those who are not on the training cannot see your screen or hear the audio. It may be helpful to use headphones.
- Log in via a computer which is resting on a hard surface and which has audio and webcam. Please don’t use handheld devices.
- A space for practice, a mat, cushion and blanket may be helpful for your comfort.
The Zoom meeting link for the whole training will be sent prior to the start date.
Frits Koster is a vipassana meditation teacher and certified mindfulness teacher and health care professional. He has taught mindfulness and compassion in health care settings for many years. He practices various types of meditation since 40 years and studied Buddhist psychology for six years as a monk in Southeast Asia. He is affiliated as a trainer at various training institutes across Europe, with his wife Jetty Heynekmap he organises meditation retreats internationally.
With psychiatrist Erik van den Brink he developed a follow-up programme for participants who have already followed a mindfulness-based training (e.g. MBSR or MBCT). This programme is called Mindfulness-Based Compassionate Living (MBCL); it is taught throughout Europe. Together they wrote several books on compassion training, which are translated into German, English and Spanish. See www.compassionateliving.info.
We will be using the Zoom platform for our classrooms, which offers facilities for online meetings and also online ‘break-out‘ rooms for smaller group work. A Zoom link will be sent to you for the whole event prior to the start date, along with joining instructions.
Please login via Zoom 6.30 – 8 pm UK time (GMT)
The application and donation process:
Our application and donation process involves the following steps:
- Please complete the application form and you will be given the option to make a donation via Paypal at this stage should you choose to do so.
- Application is received and you will be booked onto the event.
- We will email you the Zoom link and joining instructions in advance of the course.
Payment and cancellation policy:
Please let us know if you are unable to attend, so that we may offer your place to someone else, as places may be limited.
Please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss any questions you may have about the course or whether it is appropriate for you at this time. We will ensure that your query reaches the correct person.