I am currently Co-director of Teaching and Learning at the Oxford Mindfulness Foundation (OMF), overseeing courses and events offered both to those who are new to mindfulness and those wishing to train to teach mindfulness-based programmes. This includes the 8-week Mindfulness for Life (MBCT-L) course, Finding Peace in a Frantic World, and the 3-session Introducing to Mindfulness programme.
I support both teaching and training teams, working alongside them to make mindfulness learning and teacher training as accessible as possible. I am also a teacher and trainer for the OMF.
Between 2012 and 2021, I was Director of Curricula and Training at Mindfulness in Schools Project, where I developed and oversaw delivery of curriculum materials and teacher training. Prior to this, I worked in education as a teacher of Psychology, Philosophy and Politics, and as a Deputy Head in a number of secondary schools.
- Deepen Your Trauma-sensitive Mindfulness Training – David Treleaven via the Oxford Mindfulness Centre (OMC)
- Supervision Training: Level 2 – The Mindfulness Network
- Supervision Training: Level 1 – The Mindfulness Network
- Becoming Trauma-sensitive – David Treleaven via the OMC
- Learning to Use the MBI-TAC – The Mindfulness Network
- Safeguarding – The Mindfulness Network
- Mental Health First Aid – via the OMC
- Frame by Frame Teacher Training – Mark Williams
- MBCT for Life Teacher Training – Oxford Mindfulness Centre (OMC)
- MSt in MBCT – Oxford University
- Taking it Further Teacher Training – OMC
- Train to Teach .b Foundations, .b, Paws b – Mindfulness in Schools Project (MiSP)
- MBSR Teacher Training Retreat Level 1 – Bangor University CMRP
- MA Dance and Movement Therapy – Laban Centre
- Post-graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) – University of Cambridge
- MA Social and Political Science – University of Cambridge
- MBCT for general well-being
- Finding Peace in a Frantic World
- MBIs in schools and education
- I have offered supervision to adult groups and individuals in educational and youth-based contexts, both in the UK and internationally, since 2016.
- I have supervised individuals and groups in MBCT-L and Finding Peace in a Frantic World since 2021.
- MBCT, MBCT-L and Finding Peace in a Frantic World for the General public
- Education and youth-based programmes
1 hour individual session – £50-£60
½ hour individual session – £25-£35
Shared supervision with two supervisees – £75 per hour (2 people)
Group supervision 4-6 people (minimum 4) – £120 per person (4 people) / £80 per person (6 people) for a block of 4 sessions each lasting 1 ½ hours
We can discuss your supervision requirements in the initial contact session once your application has been received.
Please see our Supervision FAQs for more details on the cost of supervision.
I have had a personal mindfulness practice since 1986, and have attended retreats annually since then. My daily practice includes the core practices taught in MBCT/MBCT-L, as well as exploring MBSR, and Insight Meditation practices. My practice is supported by regularly attending online meditation sitting groups. I also practise yoga (Iyengar and Ashtanga).