I am a licensed psychologist, working in a private practice in Barcelona. I also teach Mindfulness-based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT) to the general public and in clinical settings.
I’m a member of the core training team at the Centre for Mindfulness Research and Practice (CMRP) at Bangor University and I’ve been directing the CMRP teacher training pathway in MBCT in Spain since 2015, where I mostly train mental health professionals and coaches.
I teach in Mindfulness, Psychology and Leadership at EADA Business School and in private organisations.
Previously, I’ve been working for corporations for more than 15 years.
- MBCT Trainer, CMRP (Bangor University)
- MBCT Teacher, CMRP (Bangor University)
- MBCT for Life Teacher, OMC (Oxford University)
- MSC Trained Teacher – University of California San Diego (UCSD)
- MBCL Teacher
- .b Teacher, MiSP
- MyMind (ADHD & AD) Teacher, University of Amsterdam
- Master’s in Neuropsychological Rehab and Cognitive Stimulation, Institut Guttmann – Universidad Autónoma de Barcelona (UAB)
- Master’s in Psychobiology and Cognitive Neuroscience, Universidad Autónoma de Barcelona (UAB)
- Master’s in Clinical Psychology for Children and Youth, Instituto Superior de Estudios Psicológicos (ISEP)
- Master’s in Clinical and Health Psychology, Instituto Superior de Estudios Psicológicos (ISEP)
- Postgraduate in Eating Disorders, Instituto Superior de Estudios Psicológicos (ISEP)
- Master’s in International Management (MIM), ESADE Business School
- University Degree in Psychology, Universidad Autónoma de Barcelona (UAB)
Teaching / Training Specialisms
- MBCT for general public and in clinical settings
- MBCT adaptation in the workplace
- MBCT for ADHD
- MSC for general public
- MBCL for MBCT/MBSR graduates
I was introduced to mindfulness in 2006 at the V World Congress of Behavioral & Cognitive Therapies, where Mark Williams was leading a one-day workshop. A few months later, I started my eight-week course with CMRP and began to practise regularly.
Over the years, I’ve attended numerous conferences and training workshops with other mindfulness-based teachers, including Jon Kabat-Zinn, Saki Santorelli and many others, plus regular retreats with Vipassana and mindfulness-based teachers such as Jon Peacock, Christina Feldman and Taravajra.
My personal practice includes MBCT/MBSR meditations as well as Loving-Kindness and Compassion, mostly from MSC and MBCL programs, but I love to explore practices from other teachers.
Silence and Movement practices are also an important part of my daily routine.
Research Activities and Interests
- I’m interested and I’m doing research in sustainable success and well-being within the workplace and corporations.
- MBCT for ADHD
Fernández, E. (2016). Mindfulness, liderazgo y empresa – Cómo mejorar el rendimiento, el bienestar y las relaciones. Harvard Deusto Business Review, 267, 41-52
Fernández, E. (2016). MBCT (Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy): Origen, Alcance y Eficacia. Revista de Psicoterapia, 27 (103), 71-88.
Fernández, E. (2015). Mindfulness and Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD). Revista Actas de Psiquiatría, 43, 47-57.
MBCT website in Spain – www.mbct-spain.com
Estrella’s website – www.estrellafernandez.com