When: 5 Mar 2023 - 9 Apr 2023
Where: Online Event
Tutors: Sophie Sansom, Chris Johnstone, Rosalie Dores
When: 5 Mar 2023 - 9 Apr 2023
About the training:
Integrated Action: Instigating global change through mindfulness, compassion and the work that reconnects
The challenges of our age demand immediate action but there is a mismatch between our awareness of the threats we face and our level of response to them. Mindfulness and compassion-based approaches develop a greater awareness of, and kindness to, the self, other people and the world around us. Such training equips us to turn towards and befriend difficulty in ourselves and in our lives. Integrated Action builds upon this approach, enabling us to turn towards, befriend and act upon global difficulties such as polarised aggression, social inequality and environmental breakdown. Mindfulness helps us to face the issues, compassion connects us with our care for them and Integrated Action engages us in skilful behavioural response. This 6 week Integrated Action course combines mindfulness and compassion-based approaches with exercises from Active Hope and The Work that Reconnects to bring about courageous change in the face of global emergency.
Intentions for workshop:
- To build on capacities cultivated in 8-week mindfulness-based practices.
- To broaden the focus of mindfulness and compassion-based approaches to global suffering and the flourishing of the planet.
- To initiate active hope, kindful action, pro-social behaviour and responsiveness to the challenges of our age, through the application of ‘the theory of planned behaviour’.
- To cultivate an awareness of external conditions, such as the practice of ethics, that contribute to both individual and global suffering and well-being.
- To cultivate ‘experiential knowing’ of the ‘deep ecology’ of our species, interconnection and the ‘oneness’ of life and the planet.
Elements of Training
This training includes:
- A deepening in mindfulness and compassion practices.
- Embodied experience of interconnection through insight practice.
- An exploration of both external and internal conditions for global suffering and flourishing.
- Exercises that engage people in responsive action over reactivity and can be integrated in both personal and teaching practice.
Who is the workshop for?
- This training is for people with grounding in awareness and/or compassion-based approaches that are interested in social change. Participation in an 8-week mindfulness or compassion-based course such as MBCT/MBSR/MSC or equivalent will inform attendance. Those training to teach such approaches may be interested in exploring ways to integrate this work within their teaching context.
- Participation in an 8-week mindfulness and/or compassion-based programme such as MBCT/MBSR/MSC/MBCL or other mindfulness training or engagement.
- Teacher Training in Mindfulness/Compassion-based approaches (optional).
Please include details of participation and training on your application form.
Participants must commit to the entire online training. Unless there are exceptional circumstances, we are unable to negotiate late arrivals or early leaving. If this is not possible, please contact us to discuss before submitting an application.
What to wear:
Please wear comfy clothing with layers. Mats, cushions, stools would be helpful to have available to support your practice space at home.
Our trainers have been extensively trained in this approach and engage in a rigorous ongoing process of training and supervision. We use strict criteria when selecting teachers/trainers to work with us. The name of the specific trainer(s) for this event is at the top of this page. Just click on the trainer name to find out more about them.
This will be an online event - a Zoom link will be sent prior to the start date.
In order to participate in the training, you will need:
A room where you can close the door and engage in the training away from family distraction. It may be helpful to use headphones.
Log in via a computer which is resting on a hard surface and which has audio and webcam. Please don’t use handheld devices to log in.
When you are not speaking, please turn on mute to reduce background noise.
The workshop runs on six consecutive Sunday afternoons from 2.00 - 4.30pm on each day, running 5th March until 9th April.
Please note all times are UK: the first 3 of the sessions (5th - 19th March) will be in GMT and the final 3 sessions (26th March - 9th April) will be in BST (British Summer Time)
If you are attending from a different time zone, please check equivalent timings in your time zone.
Our rates have no hidden extras.
Standard rate - £326
Bursary-assisted places are available on this event until three months before the event starts. If it is less than three months before the start date of the event, please get in touch to discuss if an application is possible. When applying for a bursary-assisted place, please first register on the event and select the fee ‘I’m applying for a bursary- assisted place’. Once you have registered for the event you will also need to complete and return a bursary application form.
To find out more about our bursary schemes, criteria for bursary applications and to complete the bursary application form please visit: https://home.mindfulness-network.org/bursaries/
Employer’s rate: Recognising the administrative overhead of dealing with employers, we will add a £50 surcharge if the employer is paying directly; where possible we would advise applicants to pay themselves and reclaim on expenses to avoid the charge.
The application and payment process:
Our application and payment process involves the following steps:
- We receive your application form and assess it to ensure that this event is suitable for you. We endeavour to make assessments within a week.
- Upon offering you a place we will then invoice for the full amount.
- Your place is fully confirmed once we receive your full payment.
- We will email you the joining instructions in advance of the course.
Payment and cancellation policy:
Please read our Terms and Conditions for information regarding payments and cancellations.
Please feel free to email us at email@example.com to discuss any questions you may have about the course or whether it is appropriate for you at this time. We will ensure that your query reaches the correct person.
Click here to sign up to this event.