Please find below a list of events organised by external organisations. These events are not hosted by the Mindfulness Network but may have been commissioned through us to provide mindfulness-based training or personal development opportunities and alumni events. Links will take you to an external website for more information and bookings.
Friends of Bangor
Friends of Bangor is a volunteer-led membership group which provides a networking forum for past and present trainees from the Centre for Mindfulness Research and Practice (CMRP), to support mindfulness practitioners and advance field developments. It is open to anyone who has attended events and courses with CMRP, including the Teacher Training Programme (TTP) run via the Mindfulness Network, and the Masters Programme run via Bangor University. The group organises a wonderful biannual newsletter of mindfulness happenings, and online and in person networking events.
- Autumn Masterclass in mindfulness practice with Ciaran Saunders – ONLINE, Sunday 18th October 2020
- Workshop on Mindfulness and the Alexander Technique with Victoria Door – ONLINE, Sunday 15th November 2020
Organisations who wish to commission mindfulness-based events through the Mindfulness Network can do so by contacting our Business Director, Ruth McDonald: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Mindfulness Network is pleased to offer training from the Centre for Mindfulness Research and Practice (CMRP). We work with partner organisations to offer either the full Teacher Training Pathway (TTP) or stand-alone continued professional and personal development (CPPD) events, all delivered by the core CMRP training team.
CMRP training can be delivered in house, in a location and within a time frame that suits the needs of an organisation. We are pleased work with both UK and international partners to deliver CMRP training, increasing accessibility and reducing costs and air miles for non-UK residents.
Please scroll further down to see our international partner organisations in Spain and Iceland who have commissioned the TTP from us.
Mindfulness Scotland is a charity based in Glasgow. We are a small friendly community of practice committed to sharing our experience of the benefits of mindfulness within life and work.
Our vision is to support the development and delivery of high quality mindfulness based interventions within health and social care. We work in partnership with the NHS and third sector organisations to support the health and well being of both staff and service users.
Three-day Supervision Training with Alison Evans – ONLINE, 23rd , 24th and 25th October 2020
Please contact email@example.com for more information about the supervision training workshop with Alison and for application details.
International Teacher Training Pathway (ITTP)
The vision of the Mindfulness Centre, Reykjavik – Núvitundarsetrið – is to offer high-quality, mindfulness-based interventions to people of all age groups and from all parts of the community in order to enable them to live with awareness, wisdom and compassion. It is possible to complete the TTP in full in Iceland. Together, our aim is to support the professional standards and integrity of mindfulness training in Iceland.
- Teacher Training Retreat Level 1 (7 days) – 12-19 January, 2021
- 2 day Inquiry workshop – 4-5 June 2021
- Attendance on 4-5 day silent teacher led retreat (with brief report of learning)
- Specialist 4-day MBCT training – 12-16 January, 2022
- Specialist 4-day MBSR training – 17-21 May 2022
- Supervised teaching of your first MBSR or MBCT 8 week course (with a supervisor from UK or Iceland)
It is currently possible to complete the full Teacher Training Pathway (TTP) in Spanish in Spain through a collaboration with our partner organisation MBCT-Spain. We have been working with MBCT-Spain since 2015.
The purpose of MBCT-Spain is to develop the highest quality MBCT teaching and training in Spain and Spanish-speaking countries. We seek to make the programme accessible within different settings and to promote the value of mindfulness for both professional institutions and society in general. To achieve this, we collaborate with the Asociación Española de Mindfulness (AEMind), a non-profit association focused on promoting research, practice and training in mindfulness from the perspective of scientific psychology and cognitive neuroscience.
- Inquiry Workshop : 2-day seminar ONLINE, October 10 and 11, 2020
- Group Process workshop : 2-day seminar ONLINE, November 7 and 8, 2020
- MBCT Specialist Training: 5-day seminar ONLINE, November 27, 28, 29, December 5 and 6, 2020
- Teacher Training Retreat level 2 (TTR2) : 7-day residential seminar ONLINE, February 2021
- Teacher Training Retreat level 1 (TTR1): 7-day residential seminar ONLINE, March / April 2021